users@javaee-security-spec.java.net

[javaee-security-spec users] [jsr375-experts] Re: Identity Store Proposal

From: Werner Keil <werner.keil_at_gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 12 Jun 2015 09:49:03 +0200

Alex/all,

Thanks, looks good. We're invited to give a brief overview to the EC on
Monday in London. The EC is not too technical, but maybe a diagram or two
might be nice for giving them an idea what's currently worked on.
You mentioned you met Ron and discussed possible synergies. Unless you
already had that in mind internally, the Java EE 8 timeline has since been
shifted by several months. If JSR 351 was able to make that, or even came
as a possible addition/module to EE (7 or 8) later, having
javax.security.idm and javax.security.identity.* may seem cause a bit of
confusion;-O I understand it is exactly that package name under PicketLink
and abbrivation for "IDentity Management", but maybe PicketLink doesn't
have a separate module defining a package "org.picketlink.identity" next to
"org.picketlink.idm" there?;-)

Beside that I'll comment in the Google Doc.

Regards,
Werner