users@javaee-security-spec.java.net

[javaee-security-spec users] [jsr375-experts] Identity Store Proposal

From: Alex Kosowski <alex.kosowski_at_oracle.com>
Date: Thu, 11 Jun 2015 23:19:51 -0400

Hi Experts,

I have been working on an Identity Store proposal for which I would like
your comments. Basically, I am proposing we model the Identity Store
after PicketLink IdM.

The proposal is published as a Google doc here:
https://drive.google.com/open?id=1D9awD7DjMTctRWXrNKUgSw_tEDlHISr69-U8L8rGyBo&authuser=0
<https://drive.google.com/open?id=1D9awD7DjMTctRWXrNKUgSw_tEDlHISr69-U8L8rGyBo&authuser=0>
<https://docs.google.com/document/d/1D9awD7DjMTctRWXrNKUgSw_tEDlHISr69-U8L8rGyBo/edit?usp=sharing>
The proposal prototype is available here:
https://github.com/javaee-security-spec/javaee-security-proposals/tree/master/identity-store

The proposal Google doc should be open for comments by anyone on the
jsr375-experts_at_googlegroups.com Google group. If you are having trouble
commenting, please let me know. To comment, click the Comments button on
the top right of the document.

Note that I ran out of time, and Section 12 Attribute Management (and
further) are currently marked "To Be Determined". I will get back to that.

Regarding JSR 351 Identity API, I propose that JSR 351 would be
integrated later (when available) as an IdentityStore implementation via
the SPI. IdentityStore SPI could also be the integration point for
server-specific identity stores. See the proposal to see what I mean by
IdentityStore SPI.

Please read the proposal and comment in the document.

Thanks,
Alex