users@javaee-security-spec.java.net

[javaee-security-spec users] [jsr375-experts] Re: Actions to finalize some discussions

From: Werner Keil <werner.keil_at_gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 16 Mar 2015 12:06:03 +0100

Hi,

Remarks inline

On Mon, Mar 16, 2015 at 11:35 AM, Rudy De Busscher <rdebusscher_at_gmail.com>
wrote:

> Hi All,
>
> If I look at the messages on the mailing list of the past 2 weeks, some
> ideas have the consensus of the group (correct me if I'm wrong !) but are
> missing just a last step to get those things out of the way.
>
> *1) Terms will need to be clarified*. For us experts so that we all know
> what we are talking about and for the spec reader.
> -> So there will be a "Terminology" or "Definition of Terms, Acronyms
> and Abbreviations" section to the spec
>
> But, as I'm ignorant on the procedure on this, is there an "in progress
> version" of the spec for us? Where can we consult it?
>
> The Google group (https://groups.google.com/forum/#!forum/jsr375-experts)
> doesn't seems operational yet. So we don't have the possibility yet to
> write some things down in Google docs.
>
> Some used terms are listed here
> https://java.net/projects/javaee-security-spec/lists/jsr375-experts/archive/2015-03/message/73
> <https://java.net/projects/javaee-security-spec/lists/jsr375-experts/archive/2015-03/message/73>
>
> *2) Source code repository. * Code repository is created on java.net (Git)
>
> * git://java.net/javaee-security-spec~api
> * git://java.net/javaee-security-spec~spec
> * git://java.net/javaee-security-spec~web
>
> There was the question to use GitHub as the main location. Is it legally
> allowed? In both cases source code will be accessible by anyone out there,
> I guess (no ?)
>
> If we don't use GitHub as the main location, we can setup a mirror so that
> we have a playground in our cloned repositories.
>
> *Update *: During assembling this overview, I saw that David already put
> a playground in place :) see
> https://github.com/dblevins/javaee-security-proposals
>
> *3) Conference* and other locations presence.
>
> Expert members will already be present on *JavaLand *and *Devoxx France*.
>

> Can we make an overview of who is where ? So that we can see where there
> are some gaps to fill?
> We can make also promotion on twitter (#JSR375? ) and other social media
> about what we are doing and where they can find us.

After DevoXX France there's at least DevoXX UK in London with David and EG
Member Red Hat (Arun Gupta and CDI Spec Lead Antoine are among the
speakers, Mark Little shall be at a JCP EC F2F I assume, not sure, if he's
also going to DevoXX UK) among the speakers. David from the GlassFish team
speaks for Oracle.

I'll be at the F2F, but then have to rush over to Nuremberg speaking at DWX
'15 (where I'm also Java program Chair in the AdBoard) so the JSR 363 EG is
split between 2 major European developer conferences that week, see
http://unitsofmeasurement.github.io/2015/fanta4.html

The Hackergarten both in London and Nuremberg (even on the same day!)
allows interested people to get their hands on certain JSRs or other
projects. Helping flesh out some requirements or even just terms could work
rather well on such occasion. Mohamed from Egypt/Morocco JUG (he's
certainly a "Java and GlassFish Hero" since last year's JavaOne Keynote;-)
will be among the speakers in Nuremberg beside myself or Gerrit from
Oracle. As well as JSR 354/Tamaya lead Anatole (he's also in the CDI EG and
Credit Suisse certainly has a strong interest in Java EE, too) and Vaadin.
So despite the more IoT and Mobile focus of DWX we got quite a few people
there, too.

Hashtag or even Twitter handle sounds like a good idea.

Werner