[jsr375-experts] Re: 1-TerminologyAuthInteractionVsStore ACTION: cast vote

From: arjan tijms <arjan.tijms_at_gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 9 Apr 2015 17:38:14 +0200

Hi,

On Thu, Apr 9, 2015 at 5:18 PM, Werner Keil <werner.keil_at_gmail.com> wrote:
> Actually "IdentityStore" is also used in different PicketLink modules.
> So it uses "PermissionStore" in the context of "Authorization"/ACL and
> "IdentityStore" on the Authentication side.

There are a few other terms indeed. The list I presented earlier is
already long, and still there are more terms. IBM for instance calls
it "user registry" (have to double check whether it's really the same,
but I think it is).

> If we purely deal with Authentication, either "IdentityStore" or
> "AuthenticationStore" sound best.
> Otherwise I'd say "PermissionStore" (or "SecurityStore" to have another
> prefix to the simple "Store") sound more versatile.

Do note that for now it's not about picking the absolute best or final
term, but just to establish at least a working term.

Any way, I think I can list 6 voters now:

David Blevins: Store
Arjan Tijms: Authentication Store
Alex Kosowski: Authentication Store / Identity Store
Rudy De Busscher: Security Provider
Darran Lofthouse: Realm / Identity Store
Werner Keil: Authentication Store / Identity Store

Organized per term:

Authentication Store - 3
Identity Store - 3
Store - 1
Security Provider - 1
Realm - 1

@David, you said just "store" before, but from your comment it looked
like you would have been okay with a variation. Would you like to
change it to either "Authentication Store" or "Identity Store", or is
just "store" really your preferred term?

Kind regards,
Arjan