[jsr375-experts] Re: Random code repo

From: Werner Keil <werner.keil_at_gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 16 Mar 2015 11:15:22 +0100

Thanks.

Guess unlike Apache or Eclipse, the JCP (and Oracle) are not yet on the
same level of facilitating systems like GitHub (despite the fact, Google is
just giving up its entire Code hosting for GitHub, too;-)
Otherwise e.g. https://github.com/jcp could have been secured by them. It's
a personal user by a guy with that name. https://github.com/java is also
gone to a pretty inactive user without a single repository.

Guess the PMO/Oracle would have to find something else for Java. There is
however an organization https://github.com/oracle that belongs to Oracle;-)
I'll share such question with Heather/PMO to see, if they were interested
to do something like it. An organization may offer a place for JSRs, fork
or mirror (like Eclipse or Apache do) other Git repos like those on java.net

Cheers,
Werner