users@hk2.java.net

Re: InstanceLifeCycleListener examples?

From: buko <buko_at_chiubarobot.com>
Date: Thu, 8 Aug 2013 07:42:57 -0400

It looks like for a given object @PostConstruct methods will be invoked
before the InstanceLifeCycleListener is given the chance to post-process
the object by handling the POST_PRODUCTION event. So if I have an
InstanceLifeCycleListener and its goal is to post-process an object, it
gets a LifeCycleEvent with lifeCycleObject=null (the PRE_PRODUCTION) case,
then @PostConstruct gets invoked but of course everything is still null
because the listener was never given a chance to do its post-processing.

Is there a way around this? Can I post-process an object to get in there to
set some variables before its @PostConstruct methods get invoked?