users@grizzly.java.net

Re: Grizzly 2.x and Basic auth. and Filters

From: Sumit Aneja <sumitaneja_at_msn.com>
Date: Tue, 21 Jun 2016 02:55:15 -0700 (MST)

Thanks for response for Alexey. Actually i was looking for generic filter
which can be applied to all valid http requests.

Custom HttpHandler would mean asking consumers to re-write there handler.

And using attribute is again something propriety. Is there any alternate
approach which can be generic enough to implement.

I saw that in HttpHandler grizzly handovers request to workerthreadpool. At
that time subject set is not being transferred to new thread. To me This
seems bug with grizzly. Just a thought if i can use custom executor
implementation which has capability to set subject in execution context. Do
you know if this is possible, if yes how.

Also What are your thoughts on second problem, i.e only valid requests for
which a valid handler/servlet mapping exists, should this filter be
executed. Is there a generic way to do that. From my understanding mapping
of requests to handlers/servlets happens in httpHandlerChain , but filter is
executed before that.