users@grizzly.java.net

grizzly timeouts

From: Sprague, Paul <psprague_at_paypal.com>
Date: Thu, 19 Dec 2013 19:31:22 +0000

Hello grizzly users I have a few questions.

1)
TCPNIOTransport has readTimeout and writeTimeout fields, when (if ever) should these be used? I noticed they are not part of the TCPNIOTransportBuilder so I'm curious what they are for.

2)
Why does TCPNIOTransportBuilder have fields serverSocketSoTimeout and clientSocketSoTimeout but neither are set on the transport that gets built. Is this a bug?

3)
Also this is setter in TCPNIOTransportBuilder seems to be broken since it is setting the backlog instead of the timeout.

public TCPNIOTransportBuilder setServerSocketSoTimeout(int serverSocketSoTimeout) {
        this.serverConnectionBackLog = serverSocketSoTimeout;
        return getThis();
    }

Thanks,
Paul