users@grizzly.java.net

debug patch on grizzly-http-utils-1.8.6.6.jar

From: <gajanan.x.kulkarni_at_oracle.com>
Date: Fri, 01 Jun 2012 11:39:54 +0530

Hi
(resending as I was not on this alias, now I have joined the alias)

while debugging a issue under heavy load, there seems to be some code in
question

I retrieve remote address on the request by calling
*
request.action(ActionCode.ACTION_REQ_HOST_ADDR_ATTRIBUTE, param);
request.remoteAddr().getString()*

under load the return value of *request.remoteAddr().getString() is not
correct, if my thinking is correct it returns some stale value based on
the source code of Request.java in grizzly

*so I want a debug patch which will uncomment

* //remoteAddrMB.setString("127.0.0.1");

to understand that remoteAddr , I am getting is not stale value

can someone make changes to Request.java recycle method and compile it
and give it to me
we are using *grizzly-http-utils-1.8.6.6.jar, so code needs to be
changed based on this version.

also if someone knows if we have any issues like under race condition it
fails to get correct value for remoteAddr, please share the details.

Thanks
Gajanan