users@grizzly.java.net

Re: Unblocking keep-alive exception - java.lang.NullPointerException

From: rosa <lopezberbel_at_gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 17 Oct 2011 10:38:10 -0700 (PDT)

Hello Alexey,

Before all, thank you very for your response. I didn't realize that you
answered me and we've still the same problem (looking for information about
our problem I've found my own post... :) )

I can't give you a small app to reproduce the problem because our
application is quite complex and the problem arises meanwhile we're
performing stress tests.

Basically, we’re logging users in our system and we need to keep actualized
the status of each one in each browser.

I’m giving you all the possible information about our scenario. If you need
more information, please ask me know. I know that is difficult to analyze a
problem without any code, but maybe with this information you can have any
clue about why the problem is… If you can’t help us, I will be thankful
anyway

We can see with Jprofiler (memory, threads analysis... ) that the classes:

java.util.concurrent.LinkedBlockingQueue$Node
com.sun.enterprise.web.connector.grizzly.AsyncReadTaskç and
java.nio.HeapByteBuffer

have a high occupation of the heap. The rest of the objects in our system
have a reasonable occupation of the memory and a seemly good behavior.

The exception Unblocking keep-alive exception arrives, we start to have
writing errors in the streams (POSTS) and after a while the Glassfish server
fells down.

We`re running now grizzly-framework-http-1.0.40.jar,
grizzly-continuation.1.8.6.6 with dwr 3Rc2.

We have this relevant JVM configuration in the domain.xml:

<jvm-options>-Dcom.sun.enterprise.web.connector.grizzly.displayConfiguration=true</jvm-options>
<jvm-options>-Dcom.sun.grizzly.http.asyncwrite.enabled=true</jvm-options>
<jvm-options>-Dcom.sun.grizzly.http.asyncwrite.maxBufferPoolSize=1000000000</jvm-options>
<jvm-options>-Dcom.sun.enterprise.web.connector.grizzly.maxSelectors=800</jvm-options>
<jvm-options>-server</jvm-options>
<jvm-options>-Xms1024m</jvm-options>
<jvm-options>-Xmx1024m</jvm-options>
<jvm-options>-XX:PermSize=1024m</jvm-options>
<jvm-options>-Dsun.rmi.dgc.server.gcInterval=3600000</jvm-options>
<jvm-options>-Dsun.rmi.dgc.client.gcInterval=3600000</jvm-options>

I hope you could help us to find why we have this problem.

Best regards,
Rosa