users@grizzly.java.net

File upload loadtesting

From: gagansnt <gagansnt_at_gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 10 May 2011 00:05:03 -0700 (PDT)

I am developing Grizzly based Fileserver which can handle large number of
simultaneous file uploads. I have used the grizzly multipart-form upload
sample code. In my testcase, I am uploading 30 files each of size 2GB. I am
using 5 clients, so each is uploading 6 files.

Following image is taken from the ksar report of my server. It shows that
user cpu is has not gone beyond 10-15% and most of the time System cpu and
I/O wait is happening. Can somebody please elaborate what might be happening
inside the code.

CPU utilization
http://grizzly.1045725.n5.nabble.com/file/n4383816/ksar.png

Following image shows the network traffic happening through eth0 card of my
server.
Interface traffic
http://grizzly.1045725.n5.nabble.com/file/n4383816/interface_traffic.png