users@grizzly.java.net

To Git or not to Git...

From: Ryan Lubke <ryan.lubke_at_oracle.com>
Date: Fri, 08 Apr 2011 10:22:55 -0700

Hey Folks,

Some of you may have noticed that for several weeks we had switched over
to Git for Grizzly 2.0 scm services. Some of you may have *also* noticed
that towards the middle of this week, we started using Mercurial.

I won't bore you with the details as to why the switch from Git to
Mercurial was made, however, at this point in time we now have approval
to use
what community would prefer (i.e., if the community prefers Git, then
that's what we'll go with or vice versa).

My two cents on the topic:
   - Functionally, no clear winner in my book.
   - Tooling: I've found the mercurial plugin within Intellij to be
lacking
      in some features that I enjoyed while using Git.
   - Adoption/Growth: Git appears to have the larger portion of mindshare.

So, what would you, members of the community, prefer to use going forward?

[ ] Git
[ ] Mercurial

Please cast your votes!

Thanks,