users@grizzly.java.net

Error suspending the Response of a POST that have a big input payload

From: Vrignaud Etienne <evrignaud_at_axway.com>
Date: Fri, 8 Oct 2010 22:34:15 -0700 (PDT)

Hi,

I am trying to use the suspend/resume API of the Response class.
My use case is to send to my sever a big payload using a POST request.
When I use suspend/resume I have the following error: "GRAVE: GRIZZLY0040:
Request header is too large.

java.nio.BufferOverflowException"

Here is a description of what I am doing:
   . I use grizzly 1.9.19
   . I use a http://old.nabble.com/file/p29920874/echo.zip echo.zip
SelectorThread in synchronous mode "setEnableAsyncExecution( false )". Is
that correct ?
   . I suspend the response before reading the input payload.
   . I start a thread that will manage the Request

I have noticed that before my thread finished to read the complete input
payload, another Grizzly thread is started and use the content of my payload
as a new request.
What I am wondering is that the Response is suspended, but not the Request.

I have provided in attachment a maven project that contain my failing test
case. (echo.zip)

Could you tell me what's going wrong with that usage of suspend/resume.

Thanks for your help,
/Etienne VRIGNAUD