users@grizzly.java.net

[ANN] Grizzly 2.0-RC2 released

From: Oleksiy Stashok <oleksiy.stashok_at_oracle.com>
Date: Wed, 29 Sep 2010 15:40:15 +0200

The Grizzly Team would like to announce the release of Grizzly 2.0 RC2
(release candidate).
This goal of this release was a stable core and solid API. While this
is a significant step to getting Grizzly 2.0 finalized, we still have
work to do in the area of documentation, performance, and resolving
any feedback solicited by this release.

1. The most significant change we've made since RC1 - it's source and
maven repackaging:

a) Public Grizzly 2.0 API classes will be located under
org.glassfish.grizzly.* (earlier com.sun.grizzly.*)
b) The new Grizzly 2.0 maven artifacts groupId is
org.glassfish.grizzly (earlier com.sun.grizzly)

The repackaging will help us separate API classes from default/
internal implementation classes.

2. We've renamed webcontainer module to http-server (plus basic
abstractions renaming), cause name "webcontainer" has a Servlet
implication, which is not the case for this specific module.

3. Provided fixes, perf. improvements. For more information see the
complete list [1].

Will appreciate your feedback.

Thanks.

WBR,