users@grizzly.java.net

Re: Grizzly Bug?

From: Maksim Sorokin <msorokin_at_3dfacto.com>
Date: Thu, 19 Aug 2010 04:30:31 -0700 (PDT)

Hi

We have exactly the same problems as topic started described:

Todd Cerwin wrote:

> Basically we install our application as an ear module and have all EE
> functionality working, then launch Web Start in which we see certain
> exceptions related to closing http connections and subsequent Web Service
> requests on that same http thread will then fail until an application
> restart.

Beside strange "closing http connections" exceptions and subsequent failing
webservices we noticed another thing. Every time Java Web Start application
is launched from cache, is still downloads >5MB of traffic. I described
everything in detail in stackoverflow post:
http://stackoverflow.com/questions/3458986/application-client-traffic-overhead-in-glassfish-v3
http://stackoverflow.com/questions/3458986/application-client-traffic-overhead-in-glassfish-v3

We think that these problems might be related. If you are interested, we can
provide a simple EAR application, where this traffic overhead can be seen.

We also tried using your offered grizzly-http-servlet, but the problem still
exists.

Just in case if someone comes here from a search engine.
Originally we had our webservices defined in EJB module as @Stateless. We
noticed, that webservices in WAR module are not failing, if they are *not*
defined as @Stateless. So what we did, is just created wrapper-webservices
in WAR module for original @Stateless webservices in EJB module.

Best regards,
Maksim Sorokin