users@grizzly.java.net

Re: Re:unable to serve request after 1.9.16 controller started

From: Abey Tom <appu_abey_tom_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Mon, 15 Jun 2009 02:38:35 -0700 (PDT)

Hi ,

I'm also getting the same issue. The server get stuck while processing some
requests.
I think this thread is about the issue i'm facing. if not let me know , i
can start a new thread.
The client i'm using is the sample application from the trunk, comet-chat. I
open a browser window(index.html) and then keep on hitting the refresh
button in the browser. The browser hangs(waiting for resource from server)
after some hits.

I updated the trunk version to the lastest code (1.9.17-SNAPSHOT) which
includes the revision 3315. I have tested on my desktop(win XP 32 bit single
core) and server class machine (4 cpu,64 bit, linux). I'm able to reproduce
the same issue. The chances of reproducing the issue in SERVER is MORE than
in my desktop.

As you suggested I modified the pool size as

com.sun.grizzly.util.DefaultThreadPool.DEFAULT_MIN_THREAD_COUNT=10
com.sun.grizzly.util.DefaultThreadPool.DEFAULT_MAX_THREAD_COUNT=15

This min/max of 10/15 didn't help(in both machines), so I increased up to
20/30 in steps. I ran into the same issue each time.

Please find the attached thread dump when the request is stuck, with a
min/max of 10/15 in my win 32 machine.
http://www.nabble.com/file/p24031598/stuck_threaddump_win32_10_15_min_max_pool_size.txt
stuck_threaddump_win32_10_15_min_max_pool_size.txt

Please let me know if any thing else is required to reproduce this issue.

Thanks
Abey Tom.