users@grizzly.java.net

Re: Help with slow file uploads

From: Thomas Gideon <tgideon_at_learningobjects.com>
Date: Wed, 3 Jun 2009 18:18:00 -0400

On Thu, May 28, 2009 at 11:17 PM, Igor Minar <iiminar_at_gmail.com> wrote:
> Sorry Thomas, as much as I'd like, I won't be able to look at this before
> the javaone is over.
>
> Can you please in the meantime file a bug in grizzly's issue tracker?

I've had a chance to look into this and since we are already patching
the grizzly-sendfile sources, I identified and tried one small change
that seems to alleviate the problem.

In SendfileFilter#doFilter, the fourth line is to invoke the passed in
task argument. If I comment out task.invokeAdapter(), the problem
completely disappears. In testing my sample application and our full
application, this does not appear to break normal functioning of
either SendfileFilter or CometAsyncFilter.

I'll enter a bug as you requested but hopefully you and/or
Jean-Francois can confirm I've isolated the problem and either bless
the fix or suggest a more correct change.

Thomas