users@grizzly.java.net

Re: Error that i just dont know what to do with...

From: Jeanfrancois Arcand <Jeanfrancois.Arcand_at_Sun.COM>
Date: Tue, 14 Oct 2008 10:28:41 -0400

Salut,

wind57 wrote:

> Oleksiy Stashok wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> which JDK version does GF use?
>> Can you try to install the latest one, some 1.6uN?
>>
>> Thank you.
>>
>> WBR,
>> Alexey.

>>> Hello and thank u for the reply. No changes where made to GF, we
>>> use it
>>> out-of-the-box. The application has started on 1.04.2008 and the
>>> errors
>>> started to happen after just a few days, but the server has not
>>> fallen once
>>> because of this, until a few days ago. At first it looked like
>>> identity
>>> manager has friezed out, but the logs where not showing any problem
>>> what so
>>> ever related to the database. After the restart , in logs we had
>>> again this
>>> kind of warnings but for now its working. I personally think its a
>>> grizlly
>>> problem, because of the setReuseAdress method, but of course i might
>>> be
>>> wrong. If its a config problem, then do u have any ideas i might
>>> try? Thank
>>> you again.
>>> --
>> For additional commands, e-mail: users-help_at_grizzly.dev.java.net
>>

> Thx again, but i am really don't think this will cause the warnings to stop.
> JDK 1.6 was not tested in production that much and if it were a JDK 1.5
> error (even if related to glassfish) than a lot of people would report it -
> which did not happen so far. I don't even think we can do that, cause it
> will mean lots of changes on production which is not a very good idea.
> Anything else i can try?

Like I've said on the forum, I don't think the exception you are seeing
are the cause of your problem. What I suspect is there is a deadlock
with your database, and all Grizzly workerthreads deadlock, waiting for
a db connection. Since they are all locked, Grizzly queue them and
eventually will start closing some of thoses. When it hangs, can you get
a jstack PID and send it to this list?

Thanks

-- Jeanfrancois