users@grizzly.java.net

Re: Glassfish V2 and Grizzly

From: Jeanfrancois Arcand <Jeanfrancois.Arcand_at_Sun.COM>
Date: Tue, 23 Sep 2008 12:29:53 -0400

Salut,

Richard Corbin wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I'm deploying a large scale web app that requires high availability, so I really need the stability of glassfish V2, I'm also using comet, and have spent a significant amount of time writting wrappers and libraries that mimic the functionality of the Bayeux protocol for GWT.

That's great :-) Any chance to put that code under OSS world :-) Grizzly
can be the right place :-)...ok just kidding :-)

I would love to implement the latest work done on the monster with GF v2
however as its .. you know.. tested and relitivly stable :)

I agree :-)

> so, my question is really one of is it better for availability to use v3 for production, or to proceed with the v2 implementation?

v3 prelude will goes FCS pretty soon and will be available. The Grizzly
version that will be included in GlassFish v3 is 1.8.x, which has been
extremely well tested by this community, Sailfin, GlassFish v3, JXTA,
Jersey, Restlet, etc. I'm confident 1.8.6 will be a quite stable release.

  Has anyone sucessfully deployed a high availability application on V3?

HA is not available in v3. Do I understand you correctly? Are you using
the HA feature of v2?

  This application is Married to the Comet so thats the trade off in
question.

> Please note this is my first fore into Comet, Grizzly and Glassfish.

This is great!

Thanks!

--Jeanfrancois