users@grizzly.java.net

Re: RTP, RTCP, RTCP XR, Symmetric RTP, SDP, SRTP, MGCP, etc.

From: charlie hunt <charlie.hunt_at_sun.com>
Date: Sat, 08 Dec 2007 08:51:00 -0600

Hi Miro,

NetBeans IDE 6.0 works pretty well with Grizzly. You should use the
Maven plug-in from the Update Center before grabbing the Grizzly bits.
The maven plug-in will automatically identify the projects for each
sub-project of Grizzly.

I have been using NetBeans 6 with the Maven plug-in and I think Alexey
has been using it too.

It sounds like what you have done with Grizzly is created Ant based
NetBeans projects. We probably don't want to put those Ant based
NetBeans project meta-data in the Grizzly repository. I think you will
find if you use the Maven plug-in you will not need the Ant-based versions.

I agree that would be great to have an IP PBX implementation.

Sailfin is an open source project (https://sailfin.dev.java.net) and it
will support SIP.

How can you order a Grizzly t-shirt? Just start contributing and we
will send you a Grizzly t-shirt. A quick and simple way to get a
t-shirt is write a "how to" tutorial that shows how to use NetBeans IDE
6 to get the grizzly source code from the repository and build the
Grizzly source code. For an example format of a tutorial see either of
these tutorials:
https://grizzly.dev.java.net/tutorials/sqe-nb6-tutorial/index.html
(This one uses NetBeans IDE 6)
https://grizzly.dev.java.net/tutorials/findBugs-nb-tutorial/index.html
(This one uses NetBeans IDE 5.x.)

Both of the authors of these tutorials got Grizzly t-shirts.

If you start using Grizzly to build an application that uses RTP, RTCP,
XR, Symmetric RTP, SDP, SRTP, etc or even an IP PBX, we would be glad to
send you a t-shirt.

In other words, let us know how you are using Grizzly or write a
tutorial on how to use Grizzly. Either of those will get you a Grizzly
t-shirt.

hths,

charlie ...