users@grizzly.java.net

RE: Re: RTP, RTCP, RTCP XR, Symmetric RTP, SDP, SRTP, MGCP, etc.

From: Kristoffer Gronowski <kristoffer.gronowski_at_ericsson.com>
Date: Sat, 8 Dec 2007 12:39:06 +0100

Hi!

For the Sip support you can look at https://sailfin.dev.java.net. We are
implementing JSR 289 Sip Servlet container there.
Sun labs has also released some code that we have used together with the
Sailfin application server and demonstrated at Java One 2007.
You can find a link to a technical session on the Sailfin home page.

For the RTP support check out this project
https://jvoicebridge.dev.java.net/ the difference is that this has a
GPLv2 license while Grizzly and Sailfin has CDDL.
I know that the it is a quite new project and perhaps it would be good
with some involvement there.

For SDP you have JSR141 and NIST has one open source implementation. The
problem with this is that it does not give so much extra support.
What would be good to bundle some of this into Sip Servlets and make
some open reusable components like a conference, voicemail, IVR etc.

Then finally when it comes to MGCP I think the spirit goes towards MSCML
that is a media control using sip. (RFC5022)
BEA and HP is leading a JSR to make media server control generic. JSR
309.
It will be possible to run it on Sailfin but the RI will be BEA WLSS
with HP media server.

BR Kristoffer