users@grizzly.java.net

Re: Quickest way to kill a connection

From: Alan Williamson <alan_at_blog-city.com>
Date: Thu, 29 Nov 2007 11:33:06 +0000

Jeanfrancois Arcand wrote:
> Salut,
>
> OK I've fixed the isssue. Mainly, the time was always multiplied by 2 (I
> know I did that because of a jdk 1.4 issue, but don't recall why exactly
> ;-)). Anyway I've removed the * 2 and now setting the timeout to 1
> produce:
>
>> [ja120114_at_localhost grizzly]$ telnet localhost 8080
>> Trying 127.0.0.1...
>> Connected to localhost.
>> Escape character is '^]'.
>> Connection closed by foreign host.
>
> Let me know if that still doesn't work. The new binary have been
> uploaded as well.

Morning.

Tried the new JAR from:
   http://download.java.net/maven/2/com/sun/grizzly/http/1.6-SNAPSHOT/

and if it only seems to work if i set the following:

    ByteBufferInputStream.setDefaultReadTimeout( 5 );

but you indicated to me earlier that this is milliseconds and not
seconds. So am not sure what is going on.

    ByteBufferInputStream.setDefaultReadTimeout( 5000 );

if i set this, then i can push characters to telnet quite happily.