users@grizzly.java.net

Performance Settings

From: Alan Williamson <alan_at_blog-city.com>
Date: Tue, 27 Nov 2007 16:07:42 +0000

Okay, so what is the "accepted method" for tuning Grizzly.

There appears to be a lot of setXXX methods on the SelectorThread with
very little documentation on their cause'n'effect.

For example, these two guys, they seem to associated with the number of
worker threads that will be spawned at any one time.

     st.setMaxThreads( 30 );
     st.setMinSpareThreads( 10 );

Is there any sort of benchmark as to what is "acceptable" values here.
I notice anything above 50 and i am not getting any more throughput.

This guy, is he to do with the HTTP KeepAlive or the Socket keepalive
directive?

     st.setMaxKeepAliveRequests( 25 );

The compression methods, are they to do with GZIP at the Http layer?
Calling that will that automatically GZIP my outgoing content if the
client accepts? Or do i need to manually handle all that?

other things:

  - Where i do i set the maximum number
    of connections I will accept

  - Cache sizes; what caches are these referring to
     setMaxSmallCacheSize() etc

Any other tips you can suggest? Which methods should i be ignoring as
internal, and which are expected to be twiddled by us the dumb user? :)

thanks

--
Alan Williamson
  "a wiki -and- a blog" @ http://www.Blog-City.com/