dev@grizzly.java.net

Re: grizzly config updates

From: Jeanfrancois Arcand <Jeanfrancois.Arcand_at_Sun.COM>
Date: Wed, 07 Jan 2009 12:51:02 -0500

Salut,

Justin Lee wrote:
> Based on various discussions and emails back and forth both before and
> after the holiday break, I've started implementing an hk2 based system
> to read the grizzly config file. This involves a fair level of black
> magic but should provide the least impedance mismatch between glassfish
> and grizzly.

I like magic :-)

Fortunately, it's pretty straightforward once you get all
> the pieces in front of you. Basically how it works is that, using the
> interface definitions in com.sun.grizzly.config, hk2 builds a set of
> proxies on top of the DOM built from the xml document. It's actually
> possible to modify the DOM in this fashion and then persist those
> changes back to the xml file (glassfish does this) but I haven't
> implemented that as that's only really useful when you have something
> like glassfish's admin panel to make those changes. I have a feeling
> that grizzly's use will be more read-only oriented.

+1

> The code is all checked in and the change log is included below for
> those who would like to take a look at it. The next step will be to
> configure the system according to that DOM now. I have some preliminary
> code in place from the older JAXB set up but I'm not entirely pleased
> with it so I don't know that it'll stay around too much longer. What I
> really need to do is learn how to set up a grizzly system
> programatically the proper way and then take cues from the DOM as to how
> to configure it. All this in a hopefully glassfish friendly but not
> dependent way. :)
>
> If anyone has any questions or comments, I'd love to hear them at the
> dev meeting in an hour. I'm at the point, now, where I could really use
> some guidance from those more knowledgable than I about grizzly.

I've haven't had a chance to look in details, but would it be good to
try to use one of our unit test and try to configure/create the Grizzly
server side using your configuration? Again I need more time to look at
your 'small' commit :-) :-)

Great Work!

-- Jeanfrancois