dev@grizzly.java.net

[Result] Dropping JDK 5 support in Grizzly 2.0?

From: Jeanfrancois Arcand <Jeanfrancois.Arcand_at_Sun.COM>
Date: Thu, 22 Jan 2009 10:01:38 -0500

OK, thanks to anybody that has voted. We have also discussed the topic
during our weekly meeting and comes to the following conclusion:

+ Grizzly 1.x will stay forever with JDK 5 (no usage of JDK 6 API)
+ Grizzly 2.0 will requires JDK 6. The decision has been taken because:

2.0 is a complete re-write of Grizzly, and backward compatibility will
partially supported, at least for the framework (http API will stay
there (Adapter/GrizzlyAdapter/GrizzlyWebServer), we have decided that we
will also require a JDK upgrade.

Let us know if you have strong opinion against this democratic vote :-)

A+

-- Jeanfrancois