dev@grizzly.java.net

Re: Grizzly framework source code formatting issue

From: Jeanfrancois Arcand <Jeanfrancois.Arcand_at_Sun.COM>
Date: Fri, 11 Apr 2008 13:25:38 +0200

Hi,

Yuriy Cherniavsky wrote:
> Hi, Grizzly community.
>
> I have began study Grizzly frame work from its source code
> (grizzly-framework-1.7.3-sources.jar). During study I mention poor source
> code formatting almost in all source code (I turn on whitespace characters
> in my IDE).

Hum strange. which IDE are you using? I've just loaded the src using
Netbeans and didn't see any problems. Also if you look here:

https://grizzly.dev.java.net/nonav/xref/index.html

There is no formatting problems.

Under poor source code formatting I mean:
> * concurrent usage of whitespace and tab in line begin;
> Example from ParserProtocolFilter:73
> if (parser == null) {
> parser = (ProtocolParser)
> ctx.getAttribute(ProtocolParser.PARSER);
>
> if (parser == null) {
>
> * whitespace in some line end;
> Example from Controller:457
> public void execute(ContextTask contextTask, boolean
> runInSeparateThread) throws PipelineFullException {
>
> * different empty line representation in the same block: whitespace + CRLF,
> only CRLF;
>
> * some different of whitespace in "if" "for" "while" constrictions
>
> * and some other formatting issue
>

> May be it is better to use some formatting plugin in corresponding IDE
> (Eclipse, Netbeans), and convert all source code in one formatting style.
> In my opinion this will make source code more readable and smart.
>
> What are you thinking about such improve?

  Patches are welcome :-)

Thanks!!!

-- Jeanfrancois