webtier@glassfish.java.net

How to debug Mojarra source in NetBeans / Glassfish?

From: <webtier_at_javadesktop.org>
Date: Thu, 23 Sep 2010 05:45:36 PDT

I just wanted to step through some code and downloaded the
source to an unzipped directory ...\mojarra-2.0.3-FCS-source.

I then go into NB Tools - Libraries and click on Java-EE-Glassfish-v3 and
can see jsf-api.jar and jsf-impl.jar in the classpath list. I then click on the
sources tab and add in mojarra-2.0.3-FCS-source\jsf-ri\src\main\java and
...jsf-api\src\main\java.

This sort of works - if for example I've got a UIComponent I can use ctrl+shift+B
and it will bring up the source. If I then set a breakpoint somewhere when I
debug I get the error:

Attaching to localhost:50796
Not able to submit breakpoint LineBreakpoint ELFlash.java : 261, reason: No executable location available at line 261 in class com.sun.faces.context.flash.ELFlash.
Invalid LineBreakpoint ELFlash.java : 261
User program running

Alternatively I've created my own library under Tools -> Libraries called JSF2.0.3
and added in the jsf-api.jar and jsf-impl.jar, then added in the sources (as above),
added in the new library under the project -> properties -> libraries, but still
can't debug.

I've also tried recreating the package structure in my own source tree and
copying the mojarra source into there but still get the "no executable location"
error. Clearly NB isn't convinced, quite rightly, that the code it's running from the
jar has any connection to the source I'm setting the breakpoint on.

Somone must have been here before me surely, any advice gratefully received on
what I need to do, but I quite understand if I need to ask this in the NetBeans
forum, presumably there is one somewhere.

I'm using NetBeans 6.9.1 & GF 3.0.1.

Thanks,
Brendan.
[Message sent by forum member 'healeyb']