webtier@glassfish.java.net

Re: [webtier] JSF 2.0: A Report from the Trenches

From: <webtier_at_javadesktop.org>
Date: Wed, 15 Sep 2010 19:10:54 PDT

> Do you know how many of them knew about GlassFish?

Whoa: Eduardo. I haven't talked to you since you were the JSP spec lead. I remember once many years ago when Sun asked me to do the quarterly online chat that they would post on the servlet home page, and I was all nervous because I noticed your name in the audience. Fortunately, you didn't ask me any questions. And, I was a devoted XEmacs user back in my Lisp-hacking days. A real pleasure to hear from you.

Anyhow, you make a very good point: I think it is likely that lack of exposure is one of the main reasons that the clients I dealt with hadn't considered Glassfish 3. The clients in my recent courses were mostly all large companies that had well-established Java EE projects, so were probably pretty well entrenched with the app servers that were familiar to them.

Nevertheless, I personally think it will be harder for Glassfish to make inroads than it will for JSF 2.0 to do so. We shall see.

Cheers-
- Marty
-----
http://courses.coreservlets.com/jsf-training.html
[Message sent by forum member 'martyhall']