webtier@glassfish.java.net

includeViewParams with simple input hidden field

From: <webtier_at_javadesktop.org>
Date: Wed, 23 Jun 2010 00:41:10 PDT

I'm using NetBeans 6.8 with Glassfish v3.
I have a backing bean that initializes a property with
@ManagedProperty(value="#{param.expandedId}").

The incoming request parameter is then used/set in the form as
<input type="hidden" name="expandedId" value="#{menuPositionBean.expandedId}"/>.

In the action method of the POST I do a
return "/menu/MenuVerwaltung.jsf?faces-redirect=true&includeViewParams=true";

The /menu/MenuVerwaltung.jsf (to-view-id) contains
<f:metadata>
    <f:viewParam name="expandedId" value="#{menuVerwaltungBean.expandedId}"/>
</f:metadata>

But i never get the previously transmitted "expandedId" as simple hidden input parameter. Using <h:inputHidden/> does not change the situation.

Based on the first example in the chapter "POST-REDIRECT-GET Using View Parameters" of http://blogs.sun.com/enterprisetechtips/entry/post_redirect_get_and_jsf this should be possible.

Can anybody figure out what I'm doing wrong?
For your support many thanks in advance.
Raffaele
[Message sent by forum member 'rmerico']