webtier@glassfish.java.net

form encoding type through ajax submit

From: <webtier_at_javadesktop.org>
Date: Thu, 10 Jun 2010 15:24:24 PDT

I'm trying to get some sort of upload control support. I tried the primefaces upload component, but it wasn't really rock solid, so I went to a solution provided by BalusC on his blog (http://balusc.blogspot.com/2009/12/uploading-files-with-jsf-20-and-servlet.html)

I have everything in place but the enctype for the form was never getting set to multipart. When I removed the f:ajax for the command link that was submitting the form, then I saw the encoding type come through correctly.

So, it looks like f:ajax ignores the enctype specified on the h:form. I'm new to the whole upload arena, so is this expected behavior? Is there something about ajax submission that prohibits a different encoding type for the form?

Thanks,
Joel
[Message sent by forum member 'jweight']