webtier@glassfish.java.net

Re: Handling ViewExpiredException

From: <webtier_at_javadesktop.org>
Date: Wed, 02 Jun 2010 23:36:15 PDT

A quick google search for “ViewExpiredException” finds users complaining about this on threads from all different sorts of vendors: Oracle, Apache, IceFaces, MyFaces, JBoss. And that’s just the first 10 entries! But the fault does not lie with any of these vendors. The dreaded ViewExpiredException is most likely the result of the fact that you’re interacting with (or developing) a user-authenticated, web-based application written in JSF. If you’re logged in and your HTTP session expires, JSF will quite annoyingly throw ViewExpiredException during the RESTORE_VIEW phase of the JSF life cycle – it’s a feature!
During my wanderings I’ve seen people try to solve this issue in a variety of ways. Some try to use global Exception handling in the web.xml file for their WAR. Others try to use a pure JSF-based solution whereby a PhaseListener can attempt to perform a response redirect during the RESTORE_VIEW phase. Even JBoss Seam tries to solve this in their own way using their exception handlers in the components.xml file.

[url=http://www.carpartswarehouse.com/carmodels/CP19/Mercedes_Benz/230_6.html]Mercedes Benz LX450 Parts[/url]
[Message sent by forum member 'vadlis007']