webtier@glassfish.java.net

JSF 2 and JavaScript Dependency

From: <webtier_at_javadesktop.org>
Date: Wed, 02 Jun 2010 17:14:12 PDT

Hi, I am researching the possibility of using JSF2 for our in house project. I have a very basic question to ask about JSF 2.

I read from JSF 2 Wiki that JSF 2 supports "graceful degradation" in case the client browser is disabled.

Can anyone tell me exactly what it means?

Can JSF2 work without JavaScript enabled? If yes, what kind of degradations will there be?

Say if we are using Facelets and AJAX-enabled JSF UIComponents, is there a HARD dependency of JSF2 on client side JavaScript being enabled?

Thanks for any helps out there? Appreciate.
[Message sent by forum member 'mjiam']