webtier@glassfish.java.net

Re: [webtier] Inconsistent firing of PreDestroyViewMapEvent

From: <webtier_at_javadesktop.org>
Date: Tue, 29 Jun 2010 16:11:22 PDT

I agree with everything stated above, so I'll try to rephrase my question in light of your answer.

> P> <h:commandLink value "Redirect Back" action="index?faces-redirect true" />
>
> Client Server
> POST index.xhtml same as above, but do not run RENDER_RESPONSE
> phase. Instead send 302 redirect.

I've observed that in POST run of PRG when redirect 302 is sent, PreDestroyViewMapEvent is fired every time except when redirect is targeting the same page. So, why is that? Why PreDestroyViewMapEvent isn't fired only when PRG is targeting the same page from which it has originated? Hope I've made more sense this time. :)
[Message sent by forum member 'pejovica']