webtier@glassfish.java.net

Re: composite component with "for" attribute in jsf2.0 - is it possible?

From: <webtier_at_javadesktop.org>
Date: Fri, 02 Apr 2010 14:45:38 PDT

Yup, it can be done using Java -- either by using [i]another[/i] Java-based custom component, or making our own component Java-based.

I just don't know if it can be done in a pure composite component, without any Java involved.

Of course, there's nothing wrong using Java. I actually like it more in certain cases. I'm simply curious whether there's [i]built-in[/i] functionality in JSF2 which allows us to perform component lookup by id (not by clientId).
[Message sent by forum member 'vesuvius']