webtier@glassfish.java.net

Re: [webtier] Cookieless form based authentication

From: Jan Luehe <Jan.Luehe_at_Sun.COM>
Date: Tue, 30 Mar 2010 21:11:39 -0700

webtier_at_javadesktop.org wrote:

> Is this possible with glassfish?

No, this is not supported.

GlassFish stores information about the original request in a session, so
that the original request may be restored from the session and resumed
once authentication has succeeded.

If cookies were disabled, the form's login page would have to be
rewritten (by encoding the session id in the URL of the form's action
attribute) before returning it to the user, which would be difficult if
not impossible.

Jan