webtier@glassfish.java.net

Re: [webtier] JSF 2.0 - Specification

From: Imre Osswald <ioss_at_mx.jevelopers.com>
Date: Fri, 15 Jan 2010 19:51:32 +0100

Hi,

I think Harry wants to know where to put ".faces-config.xml" so they
get loaded by faces, without specifying them in web.xml.
i tried with NB 6.8: created a folder in "Source Packages" called
"META-INF", added a File "navigation.faces-config.xml" and it worked.

But I see that you wrote
> When I add javax.faces.CONFIG-FILES context parameter with
> /META-INF/navigation.faces.config.xml every thing is ok.

this might be a typo in the mail only, but if you really named the
file navigation.faces.config.xml instead of faces-config ( '.' instead
of '-') it will not work automatically, which would explain why you
had to add it to web.xml to make it work.

Hope this helps, Imre