webtier@glassfish.java.net

Re: [webtier] how do you write a custom UIComponent that accepts a custom attribute type

From: <webtier_at_javadesktop.org>
Date: Fri, 15 Jan 2010 06:25:39 PST

cool thanks, that worked.

I tried it before but I couldn't get it working, probably because I assumed the getMyObject() method would be called automatically so when I saw it not being called I assumed it was not working. As it turns out it's not called until some one calls getValueBinding on it.

only minor hickup now is that ValueBinding is deprecated, yet it's replacement ValueExpression is not present in the jars... I guess that's what I get for using pre-release versions.
[Message sent by forum member 'tedman' (tedman_at_sfu.ca)]