webtier@glassfish.java.net

Re: [webtier] JSP Compilation error (Mixing Generics and Autoboxing) - Glassfish 2.1

From: Dies Koper <diesk_at_fast.au.fujitsu.com>
Date: Wed, 9 Dec 2009 16:38:47 +1100

Hi Jan,

>> It says you'll have to bring it up with the Project Owner if you don't
>> want people to be allowed to cast multiple votes, it looks like it's
>> customizable.
>
> Do you know how many votes one gets? Do votes have to be earned?
> Could Rahul have cast an arbitrary number of votes for this issue?

10 is the maximum. I suppose everybody gets ten, this amount is also
used in the description text.
You can't cast more votes than you are allotted.
When you click on the "Vote for this issue" button, you are brought to
another screen where it says how many votes you are allowed to cast for
the issue.

You seem to have two issues with votes. One I just cast, the other is
for an issue that might have been addressed by Java EE 5's application.xml?
https://glassfish.dev.java.net/issues/buglist.cgi?component=glassfish&issue_status=UNCONFIRMED&issue_status=NEW&issue_status=STARTED&issue_status=REOPENED&email1=&emailtype1=exact&emailassigned_to1=1&email2=&emailtype2=exact&emailreporter2=1&issueidtype=include&issue_id=&changedin=&votes=1&chfieldfrom=&chfieldto=Now&chfieldvalue=&short_desc=&short_desc_type=fulltext&long_desc=&long_desc_type=fulltext&issue_file_loc=&issue_file_loc_type=fulltext&status_whiteboard=&status_whiteboard_type=fulltext&keywords=&keywords_type=anytokens&field0-0-0=noop&type0-0-0=noop&value0-0-0=&cmdtype=doit&namedcmd=fixed+in+GFv2.1&newqueryname=&order=Assignee&Submit+query=Submit+query

Some issues have more than 20 votes!
If number of votes is not taken into account when prioritising
addressing of issues, maybe it should be disabled all together?

> The current explanation for "Priority" in IT is completely useless: What
> does "most important" mean? It's completely subjective, and I don't blame
> Rahul for picking it.

Maybe the field should be read-only for non-committers?
As the GlassFish project works with roles, maybe it can be configured
that way?

> I'll file a bug against CollabNet to have them align their Priority
> definitions
> ////with those from the GlassFish Wiki.

Great!

>> Every now and then I see a GF developer blast at a user regarding the
>> Priority setting, and I think it is totally unfair.
>
> My apologies for that.

It wasn't you, and it might have been over a year ago, but it left a
strong impression..

Regards,
Dies