webtier@glassfish.java.net

Re: [webtier] Re: The "class" attribute of composite components

From: <webtier_at_javadesktop.org>
Date: Thu, 06 Aug 2009 03:33:12 PDT

I have already submitted an enhancement issue in the specification tracker.

I just looked in my copy of the final draft (JSF_20090625.pdf) and I can't find any info on this topic. This feature was previously enabled by Facelets in both the RI and MyFaces implementations. Now it's seems to be a part of the RI but I don't see it specified anywhere. If Ryan wants to be that strict then he needs to remove the existing alias in com.sun.faces.facelets.tag.jsf.html.HtmlComponentHandler that already applies to all the JSF components.

I can't get the same functionality at the moment because the usage of "class" as an attribute is not allowed for comprehensible reasons. I prefer it more than "styleClass" because it does not break the existing HTML conventions. Internally the component still needs to use cc.attrs.styleClass but "class" is a better interface for end users in my opinion.

I'll be looking into a custom workaround because I don't want to wait much.
[Message sent by forum member 'rostislav' (rostislav)]