webtier@glassfish.java.net

Re: [webtier] Re: Error Rendering View[/categorias.xhtml] java.lang.IllegalArgumentException

From: Ed Burns <Ed.Burns_at_Sun.COM>
Date: Wed, 05 Aug 2009 09:15:50 -0700

JD> Jim was right. I forgot to put an id to the form. It solved the
JD> issue.

Chalk one up to Jim!

JD> Now I have another question. I have some database POJO and I am
JD> going selecting an item from a list. I drop the first list and
JD> select an item. Remaining the item selected I drop another list and
JD> select the second item and so on. At the end, depending on every
JD> item I have selected, I draw a table with the data of the configured
JD> selection.

JD> Every step is managed by a backing bean. How coud I get this backig bean?

This seems like a job for the Flash.

Seriously. The EL Flash concept is useful for just this situation.

We don't have a blog about it yet, but there's a demo in the mojarra
source code.

svn checkout https://mojarra.dev.java.net/svn/mojarra/trunk/jsf-ri/systest-per-webapp/flash flash-demo

I've added you as an observer on the project so you can check it out.

Ed