webtier@glassfish.java.net

Re: [webtier] f:ajax tag missing in the TLD?

From: <webtier_at_javadesktop.org>
Date: Tue, 25 Aug 2009 19:38:25 PDT

Hi Ryan,

Thanks for your response.

Here is my problem:

I have a set of existing applications that are based on JSF with JSP-style pages. I need to replace some of HTML components in these application with Flex-based components.

However it is an expensive operation to instantiate Flex player that causes long visible delays and flicker (I assume the same goes for any other object-based component), so I need to avoid refreshing the whole page for intra-page events.

I hoped to put the whole page contents for relevant pages into <f:ajax> tags so that intra-page updates keep existing instance of Flex player instead of re-creating it for each event, with all the flicker and delays.

Is it something JSF 2.0 would be able to provide for?

As I said, I do not see <f:ajax> tag available in the current release at all, despite it is present in JSF 2.0 specification.

Thanks,
Sergey
[Message sent by forum member 'sergey_o' (oboguev_at_yahoo.com)]