webtier@glassfish.java.net

Re: [webtier] JSF 1.2 and possible conflict within xerces

From: Ryan Lubke <Ryan.Lubke_at_Sun.COM>
Date: Wed, 01 Jul 2009 08:12:52 -0700

On 6/29/09 11:24 PM, webtier_at_javadesktop.org wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I've developped a new application using jsf 1.2 and I'm getting an error when I try to deploy to bea weblogic 9.2
>
> java.lang.AbstractMethodError: getTextContent
> at com.sun.faces.config.processor.AbstractConfigProcessor.getNodeText(AbstractConfigProcessor.java:140)
>
> I also have that kind of error when I'm trying to use org.w3c.dom.Node getTextContent

I'm guessing the xerces.jar you're including with the application
doesn't conform to JAXP 1.3.
The problem is that xerces.jar in your application is 'over writing' the
default JAXP factories
effectively putting an older version of JAXP into play.

I would recommend trying to upgrade to a version of xerces that supports
JAXP 1.3.