webtier@glassfish.java.net

Re: [webtier] Re: [JSF 2.0]: outputStyleSheet reordering stylesheet

From: Jim Driscoll <Jim.Driscoll_at_Sun.COM>
Date: Sat, 11 Jul 2009 02:03:49 -0700

It's late, so maybe I'm feeling dense - but is what you're saying is
that the "media" attribute won't work as a passthrough attribute?
That's certainly a bug - though a spec bug. Could you file it please?

I thought media="all" was the default, btw?

Regardless, you have two workarounds: first, just manually put the
       <LINK REL="stylesheet" TYPE="text/css"
         MEDIA="all" HREF="foo.css">
reference in the header.

The second, you could put either of these into a css file:

@import url("fancyfonts.css") screen;
@media print {
   /* style sheet for print goes here */
}

But yes, that sounds like something we should fix. Please file it as a
P3 (there is a workaround, after all).

Jim