webtier@glassfish.java.net

Re: [webtier] can't update h:dataTable with List<String> as value

From: <webtier_at_javadesktop.org>
Date: Thu, 05 Mar 2009 18:51:45 PST

> No property is specified (i.e. name.<property>).
>
> From the javadocs of ELResolver.setValue():
> Attempts to set the value of the given property
> object on the given
> ase object.
>
> So, what exactly is going to be set on the #{name}
> object?

Thanks for responding, Ryan. This is starting to make more sense. My problem with this is that while the inputText isn't specifying a property, #{name} is a variable passed in from the parent <h:dataTable> element. If the <h:dataTable> is bound to an object and a property (#{testObj.names}, a List<String> object) shouldn't the variable that the dataTable creates be updatable?
[Message sent by forum member 'chrisouellette' (chrisouellette)]