webtier@glassfish.java.net

Re: [webtier] configurable valves

From: Wolfram Rittmeyer <w.rittmeyer_at_jsptutorial.org>
Date: Sun, 11 Jan 2009 23:48:14 +0100

Jan Luehe wrote:
> Hi Wolfram,
>
> perhaps you could start working on adding support for configurable
> valves to sun-web.xml, before you tackle adding support for this to
> domain.xml?
> This way, your 1st GlassFish project would have a more confined scope. :)
>
> Let us know if that would work for you.

Even though I think Valves on virtual hosts are more useful than Valves
per web app it is definitely a good idea to reduce the scope and just
get started.

For now I have just checked out svn and imported the web-core and
web-glue projects into Netbeans. If it's okay I will stick to the syntax
suggested in RFE 4006 for the enhancement of sun-web.xml.

But first I have to dig around a bit to get an understanding of the
relevant parts ;-)

--
Wolfram Rittmeyer