users@glassfish.java.net

[gf-users] getting "Authentication Failed" on GF web console

From: Andreas Junius <andreas.junius_at_gmail.com>
Date: Sat, 10 Oct 2015 15:51:55 +1030

Hi guys,

I renewed my SSL certificate a week ago (Startcom) and I can't log into
the web console any more. All I get is a

        Authentication Failed
Re-enter your username and password

message. I changed back to the old keystore, but I got only a 500 error
message after hitting the "Login" button, because that SSL certificate
has expired some weeks ago. I installed then the keystore that comes
with glassfish and everything worked as ever (proves at least that I
didn't forgot my password).

I'm able to login at the command line without trouble (asadmin) but not
using the web administration console.

So two questions: any ideas what the cause of the problem might be?
Or, how to enable full logging for the web console?

Cheers,
Andy