users@glassfish.java.net

[gf-users] Monitoring thread pool information via JMX

From: Pirie John <john.pirie_at_avaloq.com>
Date: Thu, 30 Apr 2015 10:24:02 +0000

Hi all,

I had a conversation about this on the IRC channel (#glassfish) and I was recommended to post here for more advice. I know I can monitor the theadpool information by doing via the asadmin console:

enable-monitoring
set server.monitoring-service.module-monitoring-levels.thread-pool=HIGH
set server.monitoring-service.module-monitoring-levels.http-service=HIGH
get -m server.network.*.thread-pool.*

I’d like to expose this information via JMX, so that I can monitor this information with the Nagios tool (on our production server we don’t have access to the administrative features, but we can monitor via JMX). After running the previous commands and opening Jconsole, I see no way to do this. Someone recommended I open a JIRA but I figured I should post here first.

Does anyone have any information on this? (Also, my request to join this mailing list appears to be still outstanding for a while, if someone could send that through that would be perfect, otherwise I will just scan the list archives to get the replies.)

Thanks,

John

This e-mail message and any attachments to it may contain confidential information which is for the sole attention and use of the intended recipient.
Please notify us at once if you think that it may not be intended for you and delete it immediately. Thank you.