users@glassfish.java.net

[gf-users] appclient bug between Netbeans and Glassfish

From: thufir <hawat.thufir_at_gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 26 Sep 2014 11:26:39 -0700

I started a thread on the Netbeans mailing list:

http://thread.gmane.org/gmane.comp.java.netbeans.j2ee/18339

about:

     Java Web Start

     Java Web Start allows your application client to be easily launched
and automatically downloaded and updated. It is enabled for all
application clients by default. For more information, see Using Java Web
Start.

GlassFish Server Open Source Edition Application Development Guide
Release 4.0 page 172

and

     Downloading and Launching an Application Client

     If Java Web Start is enabled for your deployed application client,
you can launch it for testing. Simply click on the Launch button next to
the application client or application's listing on the App Client Modules
page in the Administration Console.

GlassFish Server Open Source Edition Application Development Guide
Release 4.0 page 176

because when I create an EAR as per:

https://netbeans.org/kb/docs/javaee/entappclient.html

and try to launch the JNLP I get:

|org.glassfish.appclient.client.acc.UserError: ACC007:
The app client file/___JWSappclient/___app/EntAppEJB/EntAppEJBClient/EntAppClientClient.jar
does not contain a manifest; the app client container cannot process it.
Embedded programs should passURIs with scheme"jar:" for JAR files and scheme"file:"
for directories.

which seems like a bug -- only I'm not sure whether it's with Netbeans or Glassfish.

Am I not following the Glassfish docs on this?

thanks,

Thufir