users@glassfish.java.net

RE: Getting 0 bytes JAR in EAR

From: Martin Gainty <mgainty_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Sun, 12 Jan 2014 07:43:34 -0500

Date: Sat, 11 Jan 2014 22:08:38 -0800
Subject: Re: Getting 0 bytes JAR in EAR
From: markof19_at_gmail.com
To: users_at_glassfish.java.net

1. I have been building and deploying this EAR for production for about a year now. I build the EARs several times a week. Nothing has changed in the EAR project config for sometime now.
2. Problem started last night when I accepted some Netbean plugin updates (involving ANT and EJB related stuff); I accepted it when I first lunched Netbeans before I could start my work. Nothing changed (by me) in my code or project setting from the previous day.

3. All my other EAR's suffer identical problems since - The JAR project that the EJB and WAR project uses, have 0 bytes in the EAR file. Something in the plugin update messed it up.

I am not using Maven, so I don't have pom.xml, just direct plain Netbeans build.

Anyway, I tried creating new EAR projects, and simply copied the config files from my old EARs and added the WAR and EJB JARs, and the new EAR project is working now. My project JAR has bytes in the EAR ( just fyi on those who might encounter similar issue).