users@glassfish.java.net

Re: Starting Batch Jobs (JSR 352) on Glassfish 4.0 Open ...

From: <forums_at_java.net>
Date: Tue, 24 Dec 2013 00:30:42 -0600 (CST)

Dear Lord, After 5 days of the thorough investigating, debugging and what not
I have finally found the cause of the problem. It turned out that when you
have glassfish-web.xml descriptor in your application (I'm talking about web
application) and in that descriptor there is a version-identifier element
defined with whatever version number then, well, you have a problem - at
least if you want to use the new batch API. I have no idea how this
version-identifier affects running batch jobs (suspecting class loading
issues), but it definitely does. To prove that I'm not making things up, I'm
attaching the webserverlog sample from java ee 7 tutorial, but with
glassfish-web.xml descriptor added - deploy it, launch it, start batch job
and see for yourselves that it hangs in the STARTING status. I will open a
new issue to address this problem, but only after Christmas. Happy holidays!

--
[Message sent by forum member 'jiggster']